Small Teak Boat Canal Adventure - Weekend
One Day Local Experience on the Canals
Are you curious about what is the old Thai living style like? You can give us one day to escape from the Bangkok City’s hassle and bustle and have a glimpse of canal-side life style. The tour takes you on a journey by our small teak boat and you will get to see an eclectic and colorful scenery of local canal-side communities. Weekday tours are relaxing and laid back.
- Available on Monday through Friday
- Private or Join Tour available (Please request private tour a few days in advance)
- Full day tour 6 1/2hrs., shorter tour can be arranged upon request
8:30am Meet at the meeting point, BTS Wutthakat Station or at your hotel.***Short walk to get to our boat from the BTS Skytrain Wutthakat Station
- Browse a local morning market and historical site from Ayutthaya period in the "Banyan Tree Temple" which the temple structure is covered with colorful ceramic tiles
- Visit the ”Mouth of the Canal Temple” (newly became a Royal Temple) to see the one ton gold statue, crystal pagoda, and a skyline view of old capital, Thonburi City
- Visit a “Forest Temple” to learn forest monks' life style.
- Lunch stop at a quiet canal side place, enjoy local Thai meal
- Visit an orchid and pandan nursery in lush greenery
2:00pm Arrive at the Artist's House in a 250 years old community, currently going through revitalization by locals (Thai puppet demonstration may NOT be available if they are hired outside)
3:00pm Return to BTS Wutthakat or BTS Krung Thonburi Station by combination of Songtaew/Taxi
Our Tour Includes:
- English Speaking Guide
- Drinking Water, Soft Drink, and Snack
- Local Thai Meal
- Life Jacket
- Tour Insurance
Tour Fee: Two (2) adults min.
- Adult - 2,295 THB/person
- Child 3 to 12 years old - 50% off discount
- Toddler 3 and under 3 years old- Free of Charge
- Small boat ride throughout the tour
- Order of the stops may change, depending on the water, weather condition and time available
- Please be aware that we will stop at a few temples. It would be a good idea to cover the shoulders, avoid shorts and mini-skirt.
- Our Tour Fee and Itinerary subject to change without notice. Thank you for your understanding!
BTS Skytrain Wutthakat Station, East side ticket machine (towards exit #3&4)
Click here for online BTS map link
Click here for a printable page (PDF) for BTS Map and meeting point
Hotel pick-up (navigation service) is available. Please ask us for detail.
Please Ask Us About:
- Large Family and Group Discount
- One Person Private Tour
- Custom Itinerary